Behind the Author

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Mommy Tag

What do you wish someone would have told you about pregnancy? 
How different two pregnancies could be. Because wow, night and day. 

What happened with your labor and delivery?
With my oldest, Dominic, I was due Thanksgiving, had him 4 days later. Long weekend of contractions. His heart rate kept dropping super low and my labor stalled..Emergency C-section was preformed. For Giovanni..Went in the operating room, 20 minutes later there he was! :) LOVE repeat c-sections.

How did you feel when you found out you were pregnant?
With Dominic, I was overwhelmed with so much excited love and thankfulness when I found out. We had been trying for 15months. With Giovanni I was in disbelief, excited, thankful, and completely shocked. It caught us off guard, such an amazing blessing!

How did you tell your husband you were pregnant?
With Dominic I ran out of the bathroom yelling OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD!! Over and over again. With Giovanni, I told Tony, "Do you see a line?!? I think I see a line? Holy crap there's a line! Oh my God, Oh my God!"

How did you feel when you delivered ?? 
Completely in LOVE and in awe. I cried with Dominic. And completely relieved (I think because it was a long and scary delivery)

How long did it take for you to feel normal again ?
It took at least 5-6 weeks with Dominic and only 3 with Giovanni.

Whats the best thing about being a mommy ?
EVERYTHING. Their smiles, their hugs, the way Giovanni looks at me with those big beautiful blue eyes. That unconditional love they have. Being able to show them new things. Love every minute of it.

What is the most unexpected thing about being a mom? 
The lack of sleep you can function off of.

Do you miss being pregnant?
Yes!

How many children do you plan to have and when ?
At the very least 1 more. ; ) We are not planning on trying for one for at least 2 years.

Is it hard to see how fast your child grows ?
It is hard. Going from Newborn clothes to 0-3months or going from a baby to a toddler are the hardest. But it's also so wonderful. Each stage is so much fun!


Feel free to fill it out too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I love and appreciate comments and read them all. Have a blessed day!