Behind the Author

Saturday, July 9, 2011

July Already?!?

It's been a while since I lasted posted. Time has just escaped me and we've been on the go nonstop for the last few weeks. [Picture overload...you've been warned!]

Here's a recap..Late June, my cousin Susan, from California came in. We spent the week showing her around and then had a family reunion with all my dad's side of the family in the area.

She came in on June 22, and that Friday, the 24th was Tony's 29th Birthday. We spent the day up at Pere Marquette, in Grafton, IL. Tony had to work, so the boys & I went with my family. We had lunch, relaxed, and stopped by the fudge shop before driving back home. That night Tony & I celebrated his birthday with dinner & a movie at home with the boys. It was low key and a perfect night for just relaxing at home, before a busy weekend.
 You can see how flooded it is there.
 The best pictures we got of my niece & Dom...That's toddlers for ya ;)


The next day, just about the whole family and I made our first trip of the season, and Giovanni's first trip altogether, to the St. Louis Zoo. You could not have asked for a prettier day. High was only in the 80's, it was cloudy and there was a bit of a breeze. Perfect!


 Playing in the fountains at the Children's Zoo.  And yes, little man is sporting a jean diaper ;)
 G's favorite ride..mainly because it put him straight to sleep!

 Taking a nap on Aunt Susie

 The zoo at it's finest!

 Bear..Big Bear!



 Mama Giraffe & her baby

 Wiped from a full day of fun.
It was a long day, we spent about 6 1/2 hours there. Afterward we got a couple of hours of down time before my niece's 3rd birthday party.
   The party started at 7pm, so by time it was through we were all exhausted. We got home, went to bed and slept in until almost 9. It felt wonderful. Ha. Sunday was our actually family reunion, which luckily didn't start until 1:30.


 



 My cousin Dave & his beautiful family :)

 Sweet cousins. Joey & Dominic. Joey is only 1day older.



 My niece Sadie, reading to Dominic

It took the kids and even us to recover from a week of nonstop fun. But oh the memories. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I love and appreciate comments and read them all. Have a blessed day!