Behind the Author

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Cops, Ice Cream, and #2

Life has kept me pretty busy, the last few days. Nothing big going on, just life with kids. Ha. Here's a recap..

I got a $120 ticket. Nothing like getting pulled over to start your weekend. Ugh. I wasn't even speeding this time. My plates expired. The real shame is that everyone tells you that you have 30days after they expire to get the new sticker. Well, this is false. You actually only have 30 days before they jump the price on you. Nice. But that's not even why I got the ticket. My license expired on my birthday(3 months before), not that I even had it with me. Sigh. It was one of those mornings. Luckily, I had a super sweet officer, who didn't even want to give me a ticket, but she had no choice. Bummer. I couldn't even blame anyone but myself. A very expensive lesson learned.

We also took Dominic to get some blood work for his low iron and some allergy testing done. That was interesting..As soon as we got in and sat down he started yelling, "Help me, help me!" Over and over as loud as he could. Gotta love his timing. But he did great. Sat still and even said "Thank you," when they got done. We got the good report that his iron levels are good and that he is no longer allergic to dairy!!! Praise God!  However, we also learned that he is allergic to eggs. Really? Never had a reaction before, but now we have to avoid all things egg. Boo. Oh well, bring on the ice cream!!

On the potty training end, well, it's going.. We've slacked some, but hey, he's only 20months we have time. This weekend, however, he went #1 & 2 in the potty! Some mild celebration went on. ;) Especially, since it was my husband's turn to clean the potty chair! Ha.

We also started the unswaddling of Giovanni. He's just become too dangerous at night. He flips over and can't roll back over. It's a mess.We still swaddle him during nap times, but at night his arms go free. And he loves it. As soon as we lay him down he flips right over. 

We ended the weekend watching a couple of great movies; Source code & Adjustment Bureau.  I totally recommend them. Nice clean action thrillers. Have any movie recommendations?

6 comments:

  1. thanks for stopping by, your boys are precious:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just stopped swaddling our little too! He loves it also. We lay him down and he immediately rolls to his side, and then to this weird half-side-half-tummy position. Bummer about the ticket. That stinks. Good luck with the egg allergy. Eggs are in everything! Visiting you from BWOM linky today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting today, you are always welcome...G

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by Kreative Karing! That sucks about the ticket! Good luck with the potty training! Yay! no longer allergic to dairy! Hope you have a great day! :)
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm following you now...this post was lovely!
    A. I've had a similar situation with a ticket for going through a cross walk...it was ridiculous...expensive lesson= even if people are not yet in the street, stop for them.
    B. You're boys sound awesomely fun! We stopped swaddling Gianna around 3 months because she was breaking out way.too.much. She is a tummy sleeper now.
    C. I also liked your wordless Wednesday picture, very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah the swaddling stages can be frustrating. My boys would roll over too and were not able to roll back over, thus creating anxiety in our family.

    You have a beautiful family! I'm a new follower here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I love and appreciate comments and read them all. Have a blessed day!