Behind the Author

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Happy 5 months Giovanni!

Stats:
Weight: 14lbs 15oz
Height: Around 25ins.

Our happy little boy turned 5 months yesterday. 5 MONTHS! Crazy.  He is such a sweet little guy. He's really grown "up" this past month. He's now in 3-6 month clothes and wears a size 2 diaper. We've had a few issues with him sleeping, but thankfully, unswaddling him has seem to fix that. He goes to bed around 7pm, wakes for milk around 2-3 and goes back to sleep right away until around 6:30-7. He's still sleeping in the bassinet next to our bed, but takes naps in his swing. He takes two good naps during the day and sometimes sneaks in a cat nap.

He loves to play with rattles and teethers..or anything else his little fingers can reach. Seriously, he wants it he will get to it.  He's pretty much done with bouncy seats. It's become to dangerous. He sits up in them and he tries to roll over. I'm too afraid he's going to fall out of them. Not cool. But he LOVES being on his tummy, looking around and watching his big brother play.

He's overall a really easy happy baby..that is unless I'm not around. Then he may turn into a screamer. He is going through a little bit of separation anxiety right now, or as my husband refers to it, "not the mama syndrome." Ha.


MILESTONES:
-He can sit up now! At 4 months and 1 week, we sat him down and he sat there all by himself! He can sit by himself for a good amount of time now. Still wobbly, so we place the boppy pillow around him or stay close by.

-First Word: MA-MA!! Monday, he started making sound noises. (Da, Ma, Ba)

-Scooting. If he's on the floor and sees something he wants. He will get to it.

-Sucks on his toes. Yum. 

THINGS HE LOVES
Swing
Sophie the Giraffe
Crinkly things
Mobiles
Playmat
ExerSaucer (short periods of time)

THINGS HE HATES
Being away from mommy (majorly)
Bouncy Seats
Paci's (Goodbye) 

EATING 
We still haven't tried solids yet. He still seems perfectly satisfied with mommy's milk. We will try starting that next month. He does however take a bottle for me now. Key word being "me". But hey it's something!

Now for his monthly tie pictures: 

 Such a happy boy!

And for the comparison pictures:















Here's one of both boys at 5 months:

Dominic, Giovanni. You can definitely tell they are brothers, but I don't think they look as much alike anymore, but I'm the mama. ;o) What do you think?


Here are Giovanni's 4month, 3month, and 2month updates.

5 comments:

  1. The photos look wonderful - such a happy baby. I am amazed that you are still only on milk feeds - my 3 were all mega hungry babies and were on solid food at between 6 weeks and 2 months...I used to think I was never going to be able to fill them up. A small evening solid feed could make the difference between having to do the middle of the night feed and him sleeping right through - and there is nothing quite like a baby sleeping 6 til 6!

    Lou :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a precious little guy! Happy 5 months sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both your boys really look so similar at the same age. My boys too!!. However with #3 she looks more like her eldest brother then the 2nd one at the same age.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! Lou, I completely agree with you too. We have however, recently switched him to his crib, and he's sleeping wonderful! I'm thinking that had something to do with it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the little milestone ties! So cute! I've never saw those before!
    Sitting up at 4m is really awesome!
    I think your boys are like my girls. EVERYONE says they look sooo much alike-
    I wanna reply to those ppl "Well YAH!! They're siblings- durrr,.."-LOL
    I agree- look alike but have their differences for sure :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I love and appreciate comments and read them all. Have a blessed day!