Behind the Author

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Wordy Wednesday

I went to the court house to pay my ticket today, which I thought was late. (If you have no idea what I'm talking about, you can read about it here.) I found out quickly, that I actually had to make a court appearance. Nice. Apperently, I missed the little box that was checked that stated this. Great way to start the day. <Insert eye roll> So, there I sat with 50-60 other "criminals," awaiting to see a judge.

I waited patiently for over a half hour. I had my $120 check in hand, ready to confess how sorry I am. Unfortunately,  I really should have read the back of that ticket. It was finally my turn and I learn that I actually owe $175 and I get to be on court supervision for 3 months. All for an expired license.  Seriously! It would have been cheaper, if I was caught speeding. I'm thinking about selling a kidney, any takers? 

The best part of all of this was the breakdown of where the money went. Take a look. My actual "fine" was only $14.37! Glad to see my money at work.

15 comments:

  1. yep, that sounds about right. That stinks. I dislike dealing with all the legal side of things, it's mostly a pain without a whole lot of seeming benefits. I suppose that's not entirely true, there are benefits, but it's still annoying. I hope you have a better day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer of a day, some times it just doesn't make sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh man! hopefully it's not too painful in the end! Thanks for stopping by my WW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish we can just pay our dues to the officer that stops us - would save everyone alot of headache - dealing with a defensive driving class next week - No Fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh boo!!! how annoying ..thanks for the comment ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, man!
    Yeah, I just realized my licence is expired... ugh --

    http://aissafamily.blogspot.com/2011/08/wordless-wednesday-linky_30.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, I can relate! I received a letter in the mail for a ticket sixteen years ago! Still had to pay. It slipped through though the system, what? four times! Ha! Way to go DMV! After all was said and done, ticket plus flags and fees, $1200.00.
    Yikes!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh Lori, that's insane!! I would have been like, how long would my jail sentence be?!? Ha ha. Oh dear Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  9. One year when my husband paid our vehicle taxes and got our new tags he accidentally put the wrong new tag on the wrong car. I got stopped by a Nebraska Highway Patrol man who could tell on his computer that the tag on our vehicle was current and was ours. He actually was the one who figured out what had likely happened and explained that we ought to be sure to switch out the tags when we got home.
    Then he wrote me a $150 ticket for "fictious tags" as though I had stolen them. grrrr..............I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that really sucks pond water! Ridiculous how they have all those other charges in there!

    WW: First Day of 3rd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! I’m blog hopping today and I’m following your blog. Please stop by and say hi when you get a chance. I’m offering a HUGE Back to School Sale on Blog Designs. For 1 week only receive $40 off a custom design order. Come take a look at my portfolio. Hope your having a sweet week.

    April
    A Mommy’s Blog Design Studio
    Blog Hops Everyday
    Review and Giveaway Blog Directory

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my that completely stinks. So sorry.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I love and appreciate comments and read them all. Have a blessed day!