Behind the Author

Friday, September 16, 2011

Crazy Love

"Have you ever wondered if we're missing it? 


 It's crazy, if you thing about it. The God of the universe- the creator of nitrogen and pine needles, galaxies and E-minor- loves us with a radical, unconditional, self- sacrificing love. And what is our typical response? We go to church, sing songs, and try not to cuss.

 Whether you've verbalized it yet or not...we all know something's wrong.

Does anything deep inside your heart long to break free from the status quo? Are you hungry for an authentic faith that addresses the problems of our world with tangible, even radical, solutions? God is calling you to a passionate love relationship with Himself. Because the answer to religious complacency isn't working harder at a list of do's and don'ts- it's falling in love with God. And once you encounter His love, as Francis describes it, you will never be the same.

Because when you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -Crazy Love.

This is copied from the back of the book, CRAZY LOVE. Mainly, because he said it so perfect and mind blowing, that there was no way I could put into words, like he does, on what this book is truly about.

My small group went through this book earlier this year, and I have to admit, that at the time, I was busy with an a brand new baby,  I often would skim each chapter. It wasn't until recently, that I sat down and read it cover to cover, and WOW. It's a powerful, life changing read.

Have you ever attended a powerful church revival?  Afterward you get that pumped up ready to go attitude. Well, this book gives you that same affect, except it's truly Soul filling.

If you are tired being a lukewarm Christian and feeling like you are hitting a dead end in your spiritual life, like I was, then this really is a great book to read. It stripped me of my excuses, it took away my "reality" of  what I thought a Christian is and showed me the true empowering intimacy of a relationship with God. And when you have that deep obsessive Love with God, think of all that you can accomplish in this world!

Ask yourself this, when you are long gone, what will people say about your life? What will God say? Will they say, "Well, he went to church most Sundays ..."

Fall in LOVE with God and let your life become a testimony!

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed CRAZY LOVE. I am reading FORGOTTEN GOD by Francis Chan and it is just as convicting and challenging. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can,t wait to read this. Thanks for sharing the review. I really enjoy learning to better myself for God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard such good things about this book but have not read it. Thanks for sharing.

    Have a blessed day!
    Bethany

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this book, too!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! Tried to reply...you have "noreply" on your settings...you can add your email in blogger...then anyone can reply to your comments:)

    Wow, 2 under 2! A handful for sure. I have 3, but mine are spread out These days it's hard b/c I'm helping with 5th grade math and still in "baby" mode with my 3 year old...and a 8 year old in there, too:) Lots of mind shifting all day:)

    Blessings,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I love and appreciate comments and read them all. Have a blessed day!