Behind the Author

Friday, September 30, 2011

Home Sweet Festival

A couple of weeks ago, our home town had their annual Italian Festival and parade. Last year, Dominic won a Crawling race and won a savings bond. That was pretty cool.  This year however, wasn't terribly exciting, but it's a tradition. 

The best part about the festival is all the great Italian food. It's the only time of year, my husband gets to eat bonyacalda. An Italian dish with a ton of garlic. It's also the one weekend I refuse to kiss him. ; )

We also took the kids to the annual parade. The only thing that made it a parade was the gobs of candy that was passed out. Sigh.. It consisted of a few floats and 27 pageant cars and 50 billion politicians handing out crap.  But nonetheless, Dominic enjoyed it all. Which in the scheme of things, is all that really matters, right?


 And in my typical fashion. Here are some pictures highlighting the day.
 Dominic and his girl friend, Dakotah, enjoying a snack before the parade.
 My friend Jessica and our little G.
 Our boy "whistles." We have no idea where he picked this up, but this is how he does it. 
Smart little guy.
My little love bug.
 Waiting on more candy! (for us!)

 Dominic's favorite thing at the parade..his exact least favorite thing from last year. 
Oh how things change.

 
Sweet little memories. He'll enjoy it next year, I'm sure.


This weekend we are taking the kids to the pumpkin farm to pick apples and to pick out our pumpkins. I think one of the great things about having kids is being able to share all our old favorite memories. :)

10 comments:

  1. Oh I used to love the Italian Festival where we used to live. We don't have that here but we do have a shellfish festival which is pretty darn good :)

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What sweet little ones! Have a blessed day! ~ jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun day had by all! :) My hubby hates parades and fairs so we don't head out to those very often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like so much fun! I can't wait to go apple and pumpkin piking, you must live in the Mid-West too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rachel! That sounds that you guys had a great day. I love italian food too. How nice that you try to create traditions for your family.
    Heve a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower here from Say Hi Sunday hop. I hope you will take a moment to stop by my blog and check out my kind of fashion (hair jewelry). I'm not just trying to gain followers with hopping, I'm trying to spread the word about a product I love. Here's my url http://talesfrommyjournal.blogspot.com I also have a facebook page which is www.facebook.com/DeniseMartin.LillaRose I hope you can stop by there as well. It's the fastest way to hear about specials. Let me know if you have a facebook page too so I can return the favor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ciao. It looks like you guys had allot of fun at the Italian Festival. We have a huge one here were I live it is always so much fun. I am following from the hop. Hope you can come over and visit my site. I tried to follow you but it looks like your GFC widget is missing?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a lot of fun! Hi! New follower from the Say Hi Sunday blog hop! I hope you'll stop by my blog and follow back! Thanks! :) Through the Eyes of a Tiger

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely kids! you truly are blessed. have fun on your pumpkin picking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, sorry about all the politicians! (hehe!) When the parades here dwindle to that we know it's time to pack our chairs and leave! I think every parade here has them at the end...I love the whistle!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I love and appreciate comments and read them all. Have a blessed day!