Behind the Author

Friday, September 9, 2011

Showcasing Memories

Today I'm linking up with Kelly's Korner for SUYL. This weeks topic theme is ideas for preserving kids artwork/pictures.

I have been excited about this topic for a while. Mainly, because I can showcase a few of my favorite ideas I have gotten off of Pinterest. If you have no idea what I am talking about, go to the pinterest.com and check it out, you will seriously be amazed. It's a much of awesome ideas crammed into one website. And if you are on Pinterest, feel free to add me (http://pinterest.com/thatslife/).

Right now, we haven't had a lot of artwork filling up our house yet.  Dominic loves to color and scribble, but not much beyond that. He is just now getting into that age. However, I have been looking into how I would "showcase" some of the boys future artwork.

Here are my top ideas:


 1. An Art Museum showcase:

Found here.

Found here.
These are a couple of examples I really like. The first one is super easy and simple. Spray paint foam letters and clip boards and hang! Great for drawings and paintings. Perfect for a a wall in the playroom.

The second one is brilliant. If gives a true focus on the kids designs. I love the different shapes of the picture frames and the bright pop of color. It's so classy, it could easily work in the living room. Plus, you could put just about any artwork or school project it.


2. Timeless Keepsake
Found here.

A photo book. Seriously, genius. This is a definitely do. Just recently, I helped my parents go through some closets of theirs. I found a ton of boxes of old drawings and artwork of mine, when I was a kid. They were all torn up, faded, unglued, etc. It was a mess. So, when I came across this idea, I knew this was something I was going to do for each of the boys. A perfect way to remain clutter free and cherish the special memories.


How do you "showcase" your kids memories?

11 comments:

  1. Saw you on Friendly Friday. Would love for you to follow me back @ http://www.ienjoystuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all these ideas!! Really love the books as keepsakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for playing Friday Friend Connect.
    Have a great weekend!
    POSH
    http://poshonabudget.com/2011/09/friday-friend-connect-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the museum art ideas. My sister-in-law does that for her kids in their hallway and I've always thought it was a great idea!

    I'm not a momma, but my home is about to be filled with THREE boys - so I definitely can relate to the cars, trains, and remote controls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your first idea. Perfect for our multiple drawings over here!

    I'm here from a hop, and following. Would love to see you over at Tales of an Unlikely Mother, too.

    http://parentwin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are really great ideas! I just put my daughter's pictures on the fridge then into a memory box after a while.

    ReplyDelete
  7. New follower from Kelly's Korner. I love the clipboards...that's so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are some wonderful ideas - thanks for sharing! And thanks for stopping by My Own Four Corners - I am now following you - have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the art that you can change out really simply! I'm definitely planning on doing a photo book one day too! They are such great keepsakes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all of your ideas for saving your childrens art!
    Kids drawings are so special.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the book idea, I am a grandmother now, but I still have a few things my kids made, drew or were rewarded for in school and could put them all together and give to each of my children. Neat idea! Thanks for the visit too to AccidentalyAngela.com. I am following you too with GFC. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I love and appreciate comments and read them all. Have a blessed day!