Behind the Author

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Thankful Thursday!

Today, I am thankful for my parents and the wisdom they have taught me through their example. On Friday, they are celebrating their 39th Wedding Anniversary. 39 YEARS! In a time of huge divorce rates, I am shown what a great life-long relationship looks like.

Like all marriages, they have known hardships, they have known suffering, they have known struggles, and they have known loss. They have been through rich or poor, sickness and good health. But through all the valleys and mountains, they have sought God first and worked together as a team every step of the way. 

They created a family with the most important ingredient, a strong foundation in the Lord, and they have filled our family home with laughter, respect, and happiness. I have learned so much through their example and they continue to teach me.

Happy Anniversary Mom & Dad!

*Are you feeling thankful this Thursday? Why not share it? I'm linking up with Grace Alone and The Wife of a Dairyman. *

7 comments:

  1. That really is a wonderful blessing and something to always be grateful for! Have a great time celebrating!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy anniversary to them!! i learned what unusual blessing it is to have parents still married when i went thru wedding season with my friends. ours was the odd wedding out - the one where there were only 2 sets of parents. no steps on either side!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary to your parents, such a wonderful example. Thank you for sharing with us!

    Blessings,
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi.. I'm a new follower via the friday blog hop. Would love for you to stop by and follow me back at Tips for Saving.
    http://ourtipsforsaving.blogspot.com
    Thanks and keep in touch

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary to your parents! I am so thankful that our local library is still open. Despite budget cuts and some branch closings, we still have ours. Circulation is key to keeping them open.

    xoxo michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to your mom and dad! And praise God for providing this wonderful example and resource for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I love and appreciate comments and read them all. Have a blessed day!