Behind the Author

Monday, October 31, 2011

*Happy Halloween!* - Weekend Update

It's been a roller coaster of a weekend...

Tony and I went to 2 Halloween Parties, then took the kids downtown for Trick-or-treating, and then we had Church, a ER visit, and  a visit from a locksmith. See what I mean?

Ah..

I guess I'll start on Thursday. We had a check up with Dominic for the Mono. Praise God that he is 100% over the mono now! However, the boys allergies seemed activated. Sigh, and upon examining their ears, the doctor seemed to think that an ear infection with Dominic may soon await us. Talk about a crappy month for him?! More on this in a minute.

So, comes Friday, my best friend Kathleen threw a family friendly Halloween party at her place. We had Dominic spend the night with his Granna, and we took Giovanni with us. It was a lot more fun dealing with 1 kids over 2. And we were able to set up a pack-in-play in the other room and he slept through most of the party. Yep, another redneck set up.

Now for the fun part. I know you all are just dying to know what costumes Tony and I chose. Well, don't get too excited. We really couldn't decided on what to be. I wanted to be Octo-mom, but couldn't find 8 cheap baby dolls. Tony wanted to be zoidburg (sp?), but didn't have time to get the costume together. And we both turned down like 50 other options. So, we finally decided to go as ZOMBIES! Unfortunately, for this party, we didn't leave a lot of time to "properly" get ready, but we still managed to pull off some spooky looks. Mainly Tony, I kinda just looked sick. ;o/



The food was delicious! And some of the costumes were awesome! A friend of ours is in a wheelchair, due to ms. So, what did he go as? A ROLLER SKATE! How awesome!
Let's not forget to mention, that his date for the night, was his other "skate". So, they were a pair of Skates! Genius, I tell you, genius!

The first half of the night, we watched the Cardinals WIN the World Series!!! AMAZING! And then the second half we played the game, Curses. Seriously, this game is a must at any party! It's family appropriate, which with games today you just never know, and it's hilarious! My camera's batteries died, so the pictures didn't turn out well. Super disappointing. But it was such a fun night.

Our hosts for the night Black Swan & Jason!

We left the party around 11 and by time we got home, scrubbed off (and I mean SCRUB!) all the fake blood, Tony and I only got a few hours sleep before we had to get up for the downtown trick-or-treating. We literally felt like zombies. We soooo aren't big party animals.

The Downtown Trick-or-treating, so so much fun! We went with my friend Jessica and her little girl Dakotah. Dominic LOVED it! He even got into saying, "Trick-or-treat" and "Thank you" so softly! It was adorable! Giovanni, he would have rather been nursed the whole time or be snuggled up in bed sleeping. Ha!
 My little Dinosaur and his "girl"friend Batgirl! 
 Our adorable little puppy!
 5 minutes later... 

"Forget this squash, I want that sucker!!"


 It was such a great experience. All the businesses on the street had the trick-or-treating. Then on the street, they had free games for the kids and a ton of yummy food! It's great to live so close to some amazing festivities for the family!

Our ghostly hosts
Next up, we had the main event of the weekend. DATE NIGHT! Like an actual, just Tony & I night out, kid free! And what better way to spend it dressed up as zombies and headed to an adult only Halloween Bash! Now, let me just say, this was a party like no other. The whole house, and I'm talking the WHOLE house was decorated tastefully in Halloween decor. Every picture frame, every nick-nac, even most of the walls themselves were decorated. It was AMAZING! The food was to die for.. Ha. And the costumes everyone wore were hysterical!
A tiny preview of the amazing decor!
Tony & I decided to step out costume up a notch. So, he we are..
I'm a housewife zombie wife & he's my hard working white collar zombie husband. Together we are just trying to make it through this new life of ours. Ha!
Some friends all dressed up! So many amazing costumes! Gotta love the Roller derby "girls" Ha. Such a fun couple!
Our Pastor and his wife Julie as a Mariachi Band! So cool! 
I totally didn't get pictures of everyone at the party. I missed some really good ones too. Some honorable mentions are Sock Monkey, Cruella Deville & her dalmatian, Santa Claus, Batgirl, road bump (she was pregnant!), Harry Potter, Hippie, Raggedy Anne, and so many more!


And the cool part was, that they hold a costume contest and everyone votes. There were three categories; Scariest, Funniest, and Best Overall. And the winners got AMAZING prizes! Brilliant!

Now, that's pretty the great part..Sunday, it all went down hill. Dominic & Giovanni got colds, but seemed to be doing okay, then Dominic woke up from his nap Screaming for 2-3hours nonstop and burning up. This was obviously, not normal. Considering what the doctor had told me. I figured it to be an ear infection. Called the doctor exchange, which should be call the nurse exchange, because they agreed it sounded like an ear infection, but they couldn't call in anything for him. Well, I'm not going to sit at home watching my baby cry out in pain, so we packed up the car and headed to Urgent care. It indeed was an ear infection. His first one ever, at almost 2 years old!

This has not been his month. He has never had more than a cold and he get tonsillitis, mono, AND a ear infection all in one month! Poor little guy! Thankfully, after just 1 dose of medicine he seemed to be back to normal. So, I think we caught it early. Then, after coming home from the hospital, Tony lock our keys (both pairs) in the car! Ah, so we had to call a locksmith to come and open our doors.

It definitely was a weekend to remember! And now it's Halloween! Not sure what we are going to do tonight. Probably going to play it safe and only take the boys by the grandparents houses. We don't want any more illness in this house! We are determined that November WILL be a better month! :)


HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

6 comments:

  1. Whew! You were very busy and had quite an exciting time! The boys looked adorable in their costumes! I hope Dominic feels better soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, what a week! Sorry to hear about Dominic. =(

    Thanks for your comment on my blog! I've actually considered making the stockings to sell, if you're interested, e-mail me and we'll work something out!

    ourlifeisajungle@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im your newest follower, Hope you can come by my site and follow me back

    http://www.impulsiveshopper.net/2011/10/tuesday-bloghop-111/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I'm following from the Finding New Friends Weekend Blog Hop - Week 30! I hope you had a fun and safe Halloween! I'm following through Google Friend Connect, Facebook, Twitter, etc. if applicable!
    It would be great if you followed me back!

    Much Love,
    Courtney
    www.peaceloverecipes.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm your newest follower from the Tiggerific blog hop on GFC, please stop by my blog too. http://www.candoitmom.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh, what amazing pics ... love the zombies and all the costumes from your busy week!
    Thank you so much for linking up to Howlerific halloween #BOO, so far behind over here with a week in DC and then a conference that had no internet (yes, a social media conference with no internet lol)
    Thank you ...loving trick or treating today with a big bag of candy by my side ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I love and appreciate comments and read them all. Have a blessed day!