Behind the Author

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Our Must Haves-0-6months

Since my baby boy is almost 7 months old. *gasp* I thought I would make a list of my top favorite baby items for the first 6 months. Here there are in no particular order.


1. Boppy Pillow - If you had asked me with my first child, I would have sworn by My Breast Friend pillow. And that one is a good one too. However, having a young toddler to chase after and a newborn, the boppy was so much more convenient. It's our breastfeeding pillow, a napper, a lap top desk, a sit support, a tummy time helper, and probable many other uses.
2. Fisher Price Crib Mobile- It's amazing. It's a mobile and projector in one. It plays countless amounts of music and sounds. And keeps our babe entertained for a good long time. It also has a remote control to turn it off and on.

 3. 2-in-1 Rocker- Sure we also have a bouncy seat. But a 2-in-1 rocker is so much more..well it's safer, at least it our household. I couldn't leave the room with Giovanni in a bouncer and Dominic loose. He thought is was so much fun to launch bounce his brother over and over.


4. Graco Sweetpeace Soothing Baby Swing -  A swing should be a given. Although, not all babies love swings. However, if you have one that does, you know the importance of it. This swing in particular is awesome! The seat removes so you can place your car seat on it. So, if you have a sleeping baby from the car, just place the car seat on the base of the swing and nap time continues!
5. Sofie the Giraffe - It's ridiculously expensive ($20) but it's the best teether toy EVER! I'm serious. . Gio loves to gnaw the heck out of it. It occupys him for a while. Even my almost 2 year old loves to play with it. It's worth it.

 6. 5-in-1 Adjustable Gym by Little Tykes - This toy is great. It converts into 5 stages to grow with your baby. <Genius> A floor mat, a sit up play toy, a pulling up toy, a table top, and easel desk. We have gotten so much use out of it.

7. Wubbanub Infant Plush Toy Pacifier - Another great product. I discovered this when Giovanni was in the stage of quitting the pacifier. Sad face. However, he still loves this product. We lost so many pacifiers, but this makes it so easy to track down. He likes to cuddle onto it or gnaw on it like a chew toy.
8. Medela Pump in Style Advanced Metro Electric Breast Pump - BEST PUMP EVER! Seriously, I love this pump. This was the first thing we went out and bought when I found out I was pregnant with our 2nd. I had a cheaper pump the first time around and it was so loud, the parts broke. This pump is so quiet! It's super portable and the parts are super easy to clean. It has a let-down button and several settings to make it comfortable for you. Pumping is annoying enough, this at least makes it easier.
9. Summer Infant Booster Seat - Think of this as a portable excersaucer/bumpo. My boys lasted in a bumpo seat maybe a month, before they started arching their backs and trying to get out. This seat has more room and is entertaining to them as well. Not to mention it has a strap locking them in. We love to take this to grandmas, the park, friends house, etc.
10. Moby Wrap - It's an amazing invention. I've tried 2 other carriers, none of which came close to the moby. For one, I'm a bigger girl and the moby provides ample room for every size. I also have a bad hip, from a car accident injury, and the moby makes carrying a little one easy on the body. It's confusing at first, but after the 2nd time, it's super easy. It's also so versatile. There are different ways to wrap for different ages or preference. And the best part of all is how much our boys really love it.
These are some of my favorite things for the first 6 months. Sure there are others, but these made our life so much easier! I'll do a toddler favorites soon.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
Linking up with An Island Life, for Aloha Friday. I’ll ask a question for you to answer and you answer below. If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and link up to her blog.
Question: 
What is one of your favorite things from the last 6 months? 
(Can be anything; food, movies, books, etc. Anything. )

17 comments:

  1. I loved the Boopy and Sophie the Giraffe too! I had the Moby Wrap but could never quite figure it out. The swing you posted sounds awesome and so does that mobile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those were some of my favorites when Princess Nagger was an infant, too!

    My favorite from the last 6 months is the addition of the Little Dude to our family. ;)

    Aloha: (Not So) Express Care

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely agree about the Boppy, I used mine a lot for helping my babies learn to sit up on their own. Your boys are adorable!

    Stopped by for Friendly Friday and followed you on Google Friend Connect, hope you'll follow back!

    table4five.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kids are precious! I'm stopping by and following from Friendly Friday! I would love to have you as a follower as well! :)



    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Aloha Friday! My favorite movie from the last 6 months would have to be Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2. Can't wait for it to come out on blu-ray!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm...ok, for the FIRST 6 months I'd say our Boppy was number one (my mom made mine!) But that was a long time ago. Our last 6 months the big thing has been peanut butter. I don't eat it, nor do my older two...but my youngest is a peanut butter fanatic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still wonder how I survived with my oldest and did not have a Boppy. My little guy is 4 and still loves to use his. My latest favorite thing is the Kindle that my hubby won.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely out vacation to Hawaii. Wonderful!

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want a boppy when I get pregnant again.

    My favorite thing: I'm not sure..maybe ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My new car!!! :)

    Have a great Friday!
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2011/10/are-you-using-google/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll have to share the list with my sister in law. Finding out I was going to be an auntie again was one of my favorite things.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hubby doing some electrical work on the house; Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2, Canning and dehydrating our bountiful garden.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoyed reading "Night Road," by Barbara Delinsky.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Without a doubt, the movie "The Help"!! It was the BEST movie I've seen in a long time!
    Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  15. ohhh we love Sophie and the wubbanub pacifier! unfortunately the paci is currently lost in the chaos at our house =P

    And yes I love my moby wrap too!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love those products!

    New Follower from Blog hop till you drop. Hoping you will follow back! =0)
    My Crazy Life

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I love and appreciate comments and read them all. Have a blessed day!