Behind the Author

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thankful Thursday!

1. Overtime Pay - Tony has been working the last couple Saturdays for a project he's on at work. It stinks, but I am just so thankful for all the overtime pay. It comes in handy with Dominic's upcoming birthday & Christmas!

2. Small Group - I just recently joined a new small group at our church, and I am so happy I did. About a month or so ago, I had a reality check. Nothing really happened. I just came to the realization that I needed to center my life back to God again.

It seems that God was on the same page as my old small group disbanded and a new opportunity for another one arose. It's been a blessing. We are reading a new book, and it's amazing. It's called Skrewtape. (I will do a review on this later.) But a very powerful mind and faith challenging book. I finally feel my spiritual life growing again, with the help of this small group of women, and it's only been a few meetings. That's the blessing of a small group for sure.

3. One of my closest friend's Kathleen. She and I have been best friends since I was born, literally. But lately I really value our friendship and time together. As she we are getting older and married with kids, it's harder to get together, but even if we haven't seen each other in weeks, we pick up right where we left off. She is such an amazing caring person. She tells me like it is, she laughs with me in the good times, and is she is always there when I need her most, and I think it's so important to have a best friend like her. But, she's more than a friend, she's a Sister. 

And let's not forgot, she talked me into getting this little peacock feather in my hair.... lol... Thanks Kathleen!



Our you feeling thankful? Then share it! I'm linking up with The Wife of a Dairyman and Spiritually Unequal Marriage

6 comments:

  1. Wow, it sounds like we have a lot in common! I love my small group and also have a hard time finding time for my dearest friends! My BFF Mimi & I try to do lunch every couple of months to catch up & connect, but it's amazing how things change when you are a busy mom & wife!

    I'm following for the Terrific Thursday Blog Hop! Please follow me back at http://www.EcoCrazyMom.com. I'm so excited I discovered your blog, please feel free to add it to my Blog Directory under the "Bloggers Tab" if you'd like!

    Smiles,
    Terri
    @EcoCrazyMom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you trying to make me cry. I can't tell you how much our friendship means to me aswell. No matter how many new friends come and go with us, but it always comes right back to you and me doesn't it? I believe it will always be that way and I am so grateful to have that with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our small group has been such a blessing to us as well!! I'm so glad you found one you like! :)

    I found your blog on the Friendly Friday blog hop. I'm your newest follower! I hope you'll check me out! www.whenwereathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Friends are so important.. I can't get through my day if I haven't spoken to my bestie!

    your newest follower from the blog hop . you can find me at http://purplechronicle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, I love that feather!! I want one!

    That's awesome you found a small group. That sounds like a good book... definitely something I need right now too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list and having a friend like Kathleen is priceless. Hugs and see you again this Thursday. Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I love and appreciate comments and read them all. Have a blessed day!