Behind the Author

Thursday, October 27, 2011

What does having 2under2 look like?


- Feeding the baby, while reading a book to the toddler

- Telling you husband that I'll take this one, if you take the other

- Playing cars on mommy's & daddy's bed, so we don't wake the baby

- Having more playdates at our house

- Pushing double strollers, changing 2 different size diapers, and folding twice as many clothes

- Breastfeeding the baby, while chasing after the toddler

- Giving in and letting your toddler watch cartoons, while you fold the laundry

- Putting off bath time until tomorrow

- Staying up later just to have some "me time" or to have some conversations with the hubby

- Feeling accomplished when the house is clean, the boys are dressed, and no one is crying, when the hubby gets home from work

- Using 2 carts at the store, so you have room for the groceries

- Taking the toddler to the bathroom with me, so he doesn't jump on his brother or try to feed him his snacks

- Hearing, "You got your hands full," just about everywhere we go

- Struggling to balance time a lone for each of them

- Reading 10 books with two little ones on your lap

- Getting the boys on the same napping schedule, so you can have one yourself!

- No longer being ashamed to breastfeed anywhere, just to get out of the house



But mostly it's discovering that the BIGGEST scariest surprise of your life, turned into the BIGGEST BLESSING!

Is have two kids under 2 years, only 15 months apart hard work? Absolutely! But it also is absolutely amazing and I would do it over again if I had the chance.



Feeling Thankful today? Then Share it! I'm linking up with The Wife of a Dairyman and Spiritually Unequal Marriage

13 comments:

  1. Such cute pics!
    I'm following you from the Terrific Thursday blog hop!
    http://attackofthehungrymonster.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable pictures! I don't know if I could do 2 under 2 but you look like you have it under control by those gorgeous smiles. =) I love the one of big brother kissing little brother. so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, they are so precious!
    Love these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What sweeties! You are so blessed. I think the "You got your hands full" comment would drive me bonkers though.

    I love that you're spreading Keegan's story by sharing the button on your blog. :)

    Do you have a button for your blog? I'd love to snag it and add it to my Blogs I Follow page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute site! New GFC follower from the hop! Going to follow you on FB and Twitter too! Would love all the follows back!!! http://www.mamaluvsbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, it must be exhausting, but yet rewarding at the same time.

    Stopping by from the blog hop. I'm a new follower. Hope you can check me out at
    thecheesethief.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how familiar this sounds. Stopping by from the blog hop, too. Stop by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your little blessings. So glad you see them that way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm...forgot to add my url. LOL
    http://www.ducksnarow.com
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can relate to quite a few of those! Mine are 19 months apart and even now (at 1 & 2) a lot of those things still apply.

    I agree, two little ones are definitely more of a blessing than anything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What beautiful blessings. I understand the ups and downs. It looks like you have become a master at juggling it all

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my gosh, I'm so sick of hearing that "you've got your hands full" comment everywhere we go....gah!

    anyway, you are right on every account- 2 under 2 is the biggest surprise blessing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a delightful and inspiring post. This is what it's all about. Neat.

    Happy TT.

    Have a wonderful November and a blessed Holiday season. Hugs, Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I love and appreciate comments and read them all. Have a blessed day!