Behind the Author

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Reality of Tough Times

I had a horrible day yesterday. You know the kind. Nothing goes right, everything goes wrong, and your left saying, "really God, this too!?" It was rough.

I'd love to only write about the great days of being a stay at home mom, but that gives a false perception of reality. Sometimes being a stay at home mom is hard. Like real hard. Like when your husband comes home and you hand him a baby and go in your bedroom and scream, hard. Yesterday, was one of those days.

It's tough seeing your little ones sick. It's tougher when sickness has plague your house for over a MONTH!  Yesterday, I reached my boiling point. On top of Dominic not feeling well, Giovanni screamed ALL day. It was heart breaking and exhausting. He was up all night and now he was screaming. It didn't take a genius to come to the conclusion he was getting sick too. A doctor's appointment later, it was determined that he too had an ear infection.

If you are keeping up with our family, you know the tally of our illnesses. If not, here's a recap..

In the last 33 days, the boys have had

  • 1 case of Mono
  • 1 case of Tonsillitis 
  • 2 Colds
  • 2 Ear Infections

And lets not forget, I was sick with a cold, right before Dominic got mono, which I got from his cold the week before. Did you catch that? So ya, it's been a month full of empty kleenx boxes, endless prescriptions, endless tears, tons of cuddles, sleepless nap times, explosive diapers, and more doctors appointments then I care to remember. Needless to say, It hasn't been a fun month to be a stay at home mom.

And on top of all this, Tony finds a lump in his stomach area. A LUMP. It's probably nothing more than a hernia...but it could be something...and not knowing for sure, is just plain terrifying. He has an appointment first thing Monday, so we will know more then. Please, please, please keep him in prayer!

It's just been a bad month for all of us.

But I'm reminded of God's amazing love..

"Give your entire attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes."-Matthew 6:34(msg)


This verse speaks truth. God is bigger than my boys' ear infections. He's bigger than my bad days. He's bigger than the lump in Tony's stomach. He's bigger than all the stress and worry. And he knows what tomorrow brings. ..and I, don't.

And even though I have their snot matted in my hair, seriously, I do...and I'm stressed with the unknown, I am thankful that God is in control and He will bring us through this.





Feeling Thankful? Share it! I'm linking up with The Wife of a Dairyman.

15 comments:

  1. Here's hoping that your family becomes well very soon. Ear infections can be so painful, especially for little ones.... Keeping Tony in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tough month! Hope everyone is on the mend soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope November is better for you guys and your kids feel better

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, sounds like a really tough month! I hope everyone's better soon. I'll be praying for Tony. Hope everything is okay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll be praying for you and your family. I'm a new follower via the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will keep your family in my prayers. I hope they recover quickly ear infections are so painful for such little ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that verse...so very true.

    I'm your newest follower and would love it if you could follow me back :)

    http://www.ifonlylifecouldbethatsimple.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,
    I'm a new GFC follower from the hop!
    I'd love for you to stop by my blog and follow me back when you get time.
    http://mylittlehouseoftreasures.blogspot.com/
    Thanks
    Darlene

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there! I'm a new follower from the blog hop. Would love a follow back at http://www.toeuropewithkids.com/
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! Hopping over from the Lots of Lovin' bloghop :)
    I'm now following!
    I hope November is a better month for you, it sounds like you could do with a break :) Best wishes for a happy, healthy month!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sorry about your tough day I know how it can be I work a full time job,run an online store,a high traffic blog & take care of my family sometimes after dealing with rude customers at work all day a screaming child can make me want to scream a little as well.

    I am a new follower from the Friendly Fridays & I would love if you can head over & check out my blog as well!

    http://Burningmoonproducts.blogspot.com/

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It SUCKS when kids are sick and girl you have had a tough month. Man mono that alone would have sent me over the edge. I hope all gets better for you and sending out a prayer to your hubby. New follower from the hop.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bad day! I hope your tomorrow will be way better for you. Cute blog. Followed you during the blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey my name is Tara. I am your newest follower on your blog site would you be so kind & follow me back it would mean so much to me. Thanks :) Feel free to Like or Follow me on my facebook fan page & my Twitter!!!

    http://taracl2011.blogspot.com/
    http://twitter.com/NicholasMommy07
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/LiveLaughLove/123392547737823

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a month, makes my month (and flu) seem positively joyous!! I hope the doctors appointment has turned out to be nothing to worry about! Visualising much reiki healing to you all :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I love and appreciate comments and read them all. Have a blessed day!