Basically, they are rice crispy treats balled up and decorated to look like turkeys!
Here's what you will need to make 12:
- 6 Cups of Rice Crispy cereal
- 4 Tbsp of butter
- 1 bag of semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows
- 1 Cup of Candy corn
- 1 tbsp of vegetable oil
Step by step..
- Melt the butter in the pan, low heat.
-Add the bag of marshmallows to the sauce pan (leaving out 10 or so for later)
- Stir the two together, until the marshmallows are completely melted.
- Once it's all melted, add in the rice crispy's and mix it all up.
-Then, grab a cup cake pan. Ours seem to make the perfect size balls. Then butter your hands and the pan, so the balls don't stick. (Trust me it's a pain if you don't do this.)
Now for the decorating!
Grab a microwavable bowl, pour the bag of chocolate and vegetable oil in. Then microwave for 2 minutes. Stopping every 30 seconds to stir until completed melted. It may take longer or less, depending on your power settings.
Once the chocolate is all melted, take and dip the rice crispy ball into the chocolate half way. Shake the excess chocolate off.
-Once all the balls are dipped, place the pan into the freezer for 15 minutes. This gives them time to harden, yet a little squishy.
- Then, time to get them feathered. Take the candy corn and dip them into the chocolate and place them on top, where you want the "feathers" to go. The chocolate acts as a glue, holding it in place. Also, place a candy corn in the middle, where the "beak" would be.
-Now, get those marshmallows you put aside. Chop them in half and dip the back in chocolate and place for eyes.
Place in freezer or let them sit for a few minutes to harden and there you go!
They are a little messy to make, but super easy and kids absolutely LOVE them! Not to mention they are completely yummy!
*Stick them on Popsicle sticks on them and make them even more fun! And if you just replace the candy corn with pretzels and replace the nose with a vanilla wafer, and the eyes with m&ms, you got yourself reindeer balls! Perfect activity for the holidays!*