Behind the Author

Monday, December 12, 2011

Dominic's Toy Story Themed 2nd Birthday Party!

We actually celebrated Dominic's birthday party on November 19th.  We had the party at Tony's Uncle's restaurant. It's a family style pizzeria and the food there is amazing.  And luckily enough, they have a great party room there. Everything went smoothly, except that my mom was in the hospital and didn't get released until late that night. That was a huge bummer, but thankfully, she is now much better, and that is all that matters! And be warned, this post contains a TON of pictures!


Now, let's get down to the details!
Here's the sign I made for the door leading into the party. I cut the characters out of some Christmas wrapping paper I had.

Now the best part, the CAKE!
This was such an adorable birthday cake! Not only did it taste delicious, the Woody & Buzz on top with movable action figures! How cute is that?!  
We decided on using cupcakes for the kids. 
It was a great idea, and the toppers doubled as rings for the girls!


Now for the Decorations..
Cake Table
The Treat boxes. We had a little toy car, stickers, a sucker, 
and a gummy Buzz Lightyear, and a thing of bubbles.
 You can't have a toy story party with out the army men! 

The Guest Tables and the name tags:

Wall Decor
 Thought this was clever. It's to mimic Andy's sign on his door. ;o) 
The FOOD! 
We had delicious pizza, hot wings, and Tony's Uncle hooked us up with some fried green beans! 

The Game:
Pin the badge on Woody and Buzz!

I must admit, that I wasn't sure if having a game at a two year old's party was a good idea, but we had a lot of older kids, so I went with it. And I am so glad I did. The kids had fun and even the older kids enjoyed it too! 
 The finished game. As you can tell, it was a close game. ;o) 

Okay, so I forgot the scarf I was going to use for the blind fold. Luckily, we had Giovanni's thin blanket with us. It worked and the kids thought it was funny. 

The Presents!
The present table & decorations. 
Our little guy was surely blessed!
We got him the Buzz light Year and Woody! :)

Cake Time! 
This was the funniest part of the whole party. Dominic was over tired and hungry (he skipped eating earlier), and wanted to skip singing happy birthday, and go straight for the cake! And really, who could blame him?!


 Now, that's what I'm talking about! ;o) 

Family and loved ones who shared the day!

He loves his paw-paw!
Dominic with his Granna. He wasn't sure why he had to stop playing for a picture..

Our little cowboy! 

Aunt Sondra and our little man. 

It was an absolutely wonderful day! We all had a great time with great friends and amazing food! It's hard to believe he's already 2 years old. How quickly time flies!

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful family! Such cute children!

    I am following the blog hop and am now following you on GFC as masugr. Hope you can stop by and follow me at http://mywildcrazylife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww....... Totally Precious!!! You did such a great job Mom!

    Thanks for sharing with the Tuesday Train!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pictures. You have a beautiful family. I am a new follower from the blog hop. God bless you.

    www.wewillwalkforeverholdinghands.blogspot.com

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks great! Looks like a fun party! The pizza looks yummy. I've never heard of fried green beans but I bet they're good too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW what an amazing party! I can't wait until my son has friends to invite over for real birthday parties!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I love and appreciate comments and read them all. Have a blessed day!