Behind the Author

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

It's all about making memories..

As my husband says, "it's all about making memories."

HA. This Christmas, we definitely made some memories.

Christmas Eve we spent half the day in the ER. I slipped and fell on my ankle in the mud, while loading presents into the car. I ended up with a moderately sprained ankle. So lucky me, got a new ankle brace and crutches! Boo! Both families have a ton of stairs getting into their house, and I'm not the best with crutches, so I had to literally crawl my way up and slide on my butt the way down. Definitely, a story we will talk about for years to come.

And if that wasn't bad enough, Tony fell, carrying the presents back out to the car and bruised his knees real bad. We are now thinking that next year, we are asking for body suits, that are lined with cushions. ;)

But despite missing half of Tony's family Christmas and our Christmas eve services, we still managed to have a wonderful Christmas with our families.

4 comments:

  1. That is a funny story...at least it will seem a lot funnier next year when you tell it. Christmas is all about making memories and every year seems to get better somehow. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe that is funny but I hope your injuries weren't too bad :(
    Trust me, it will be a memory for years to come. I went to Hawaii and fell off a brick wall, my family has never let me live it down!!
    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh geez!!! Well, I hope you both start to feel better soon!!

    http://julies-thisandthat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! I'm sorry your new memories took place int the hospital. :-/ Your Christmas pictures below are adorable!

    I'm a new follower from the Friday Friend and Follow Hop. Feel free to come by my blog and if you like, follow back!


    Jamie
    For Love of Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I love and appreciate comments and read them all. Have a blessed day!