Behind the Author

Friday, December 30, 2011

Our Very Merry Christmas

This year's Christmas was absolutely awesome.  I must say it's true, having little kids make the Christmas season so much more fun. Dominic was totally loving every second and it was Giovanni's very first Christmas. He was just a little ham enjoying it all.
And despite me spraining my ankle on Christmas Eve. We still managed to spend the day at both sides of our family. (After the er trip)..We spent the afternoon at Tony's mom's house, with the one sister that lives locally and her kids.  It's always a great time. Tony's mom, Sarah, makes "My favorite soup, (that's the name of the soup)and a whole bunch of deserts and candy. I missed out on all the food, but managed to get there in time to watch the boys open up their gifts.

It didn't matter who was opening gifts, Dominic was excited. It was such a joy to see him taking in every bit of Christmas this year.
"Choo choo trains, Granna!"
Opening up gifts at granna's house. 

Such a fun moment, when the kids (Tony's sisters 7 kids) opened up their big gift from Granna, a XBOX 360 with Kinnect! Can you tell it was a big hit? 
Nothing beats good old family time at Christmas.

 We missed Christmas Eve services, so we could spend time with Tony's family, so after that we went straight to my family's. Things were a little different this year. We didn't have our regular big meal there until Christmas Day, so we just got KFC. It worked out just fine. ;)
 My Brother and his family. 
My niece and Dominic watching Frosty, waiting patiently to open their presents. 
 My mama and the family dog, Trixie.
 Every since I was a little girl, I would buy my dad a new calendar for his office at work. Now, that I've gotten older and he has 4 grandkids, I started making him a calendar filled with family photos from the last year. It's always a special gift. 

 Nom nom nom..yummy paper! 
The cutest part of the night, was this right here. Giovanni was soooo excited over this gift. He was cooing and giggling, it was adorable! 
He didn't get too involved in the unwrapping, I imagine that will change come his first birthday.
Despite both the boys totally crashing in the car that night, Giovanni woke up as soon as we got in the door. Dominic not so much. We managed to get him up long enough to layout cookies and milk for Santa, and then he was out. 

 After Dominic went to bed, I rested my ankle with my little babe on my shoulder. It's my absolute favorite picture. These are the moments I want to remember forever. So sweet in my arms, they grow up way too fast. 



CHRISTMAS DAY
Considering all the gifts the boys get from the grandparents, we might have went a little over board this Christmas, but every kids deserves to be a little spoiled once or twice, right? : ) 
 Santa came! 
We got up at 7:30 Christmas morning. We were able to get up and dressed before Dominic woke up at 8:30. Seeing his reaction was so special.
 "TRAINS"

"Airplanes too!" He walked completely around the table before realizing he had other presents. It was adorable. 
I think Tony had as much fun helping the boys open their gifts as he did opening his own. 


Playing with some of him new toys. From us and Santa he got Lil' Zoomers Spinnin' Speedway, Bilibo, a bucket of beads, sensory balls, and stack and roll cups. His stocking was filled with mum mums, yougart melts, a sippy cup, 2 little cars for his big toy, and a little zoo talk animal. 
Dominic opening up some of his gifts. Top left is a box of Thomas Trains (got a steal off of Craigslist!), then playing with a zhu zhu pet, then a cleaning kit and a doctors kit I(hello black Friday sales!). We also got him some hot wheel cars, a Tag Junior (another steal off of Craigslist!), puzzles, lacing beads, Goodnight moon the game, play food & an apron and chef's hat.

Tony and I had originally said we weren't going to exchange gifts this year, but like neither of us stuck to it. After we exchanged some gifts to each other, he hands me this giant box! I was shocked to find a much needed winter coat inside!! Seriously, he is the most thoughtful gift giver. I love it! 
Our big Christmas present this last year! Happy First Christmas Giovanni!

At 2 we went over to my parents house again for their big feast! Tony's mom, and my aunt Susie & cousin Samantha joined us. It was a nice evening, minus my foot pain. 
 Somebody is getting sleepy! :) 
 He loves his paw paw. 
My cousin Sammy and I.
 My sister-in-law Kelli with her daughter and Dominic. He loves to hijack their family pictures. ;)
 Opening up his last present, a race car track! 
 Giovanni enjoyed some big people food! He prefers regular food over baby food these days. 
 
It was great weekend full of memories. Now to clear out some space for all our new toys, and get the house put back together for our New Year's Eve party! 

3 comments:

  1. Glad to see you had a wonderful holiday.
    Stopping by from Friday Friend and Follow.
    Have a great weekend!
    http://poshonabudget.com/2011/12/frday-friend-and-follow-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful pictures! Looks like you all had a great Christmas! I love the pic of you and your little one on Christmas Eve.... so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA 2 things... first the puppy that your youngest got for Christmas was also my older son's FAVORITE toy at that age! And SOOO funny I got a train table this year too! He asked for a purple present from Santa, so Santa covered the train table with a large purple table cloth! Daddy and I missed him opening it, he just couldn't wait on us I guess LOL All we heard was "WOW"
    Looks like your Christmas was Merry!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I love and appreciate comments and read them all. Have a blessed day!