Behind the Author

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

WW: Day at the Beach

One of the benefits of having a friend move away to Florida, is visiting them and having beach days! My friend Amanda lives just 5-10 minutes away from one, can we say I'm jealous! A day spent at the beach was much needed. It was also Giovanni's first time at the beach and he LOVED it! And even though it was January, it was 70 and gorgeous! 

My love bug & I
 He was so enthralled with the sand and the sea shells. Although, we constantly had to clean out his mouth..oh baby!
 First time in the Atlantic Ocean! His reaction...IT'S COLD! Feet when in, then straight up! Ah, next time we will go when it's a bit warmer. ;) 




Amanda loved showing him the beach. 

Little Baby. Big World.



After spending time on the beach, it was only fitting that we head over to Joe's Crab Shack outside, right on the beach. Yummy!  I even broke down and tried Calamari...and surprising loved it!
 Amanda ordered a Shark Bite, a delicious alcoholic beverage, but since I'm breastfeeding I asked to have one alcohol free.... So they brought me the kiddie version, the Shark nibbler! Ah, I guess I was kind of expecting the same glass but no alcohol added. Oh well, I got to take the toy sharks home for the boys. Bonus!
I can see why they tell you not to feed the birds..aka, pigeons. They won't stop with one bite! 
 I'm pretty sure this bird is threatening me with his eyes! So creepy and beautiful at the same time..

After lunch, we just walked around the boardwalk and did some shopping. We stopped in this little "park" area and enjoyed the beach and the surfboard statues. I can see it already, future surfer! ;)
Para-sailing anyone? And what a beautiful afternoon to do it. I'm going to have to try that one day..but not anytime soon. ;) he he. 

I have a little obsession with Palm Trees.. Like, I would stick them in my yard right now, if I knew they wouldn't survive. Ah, sigh, I'll just have to settle with the billion pictures I took of ones on the trip.

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures!! Looks like fun outing to the beach. That's funny you got the little kiddie cup with your drink. :) Para-sailing does look like fun.. I'd love to do it one day too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picture ... being Floridians right now, we are definitely spoiled by the beach on our doorstep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you guys had a wonderful time and your photos are great!

    I won't rub it in that we have palm trees too here in LA.....lol

    Lou :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. what fun!! for everyone!! we just had our first snow..we are ready for the beach now.
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we have 2 mini palm trees in our yard in our new house! looks like a good time

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so beautiful! Warms me up a little bit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the photos! What a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It can get downright chilly here in FL in Jan.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pics! The beach is beautiful, but those babies... oh, so adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I love and appreciate comments and read them all. Have a blessed day!