Behind the Author

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Fragility of life

Sometimes we just don't get it.  The way we complain. "Oh it's too cold, too hot, I'm stuck in traffic, the kids are being bad, I have to go to work, have to go to school, I'm never going to marry, etc, etc.."

Ah, STOP IT!!

Don't you realize how trivial those things are in the big picture of life?!? Why can't we see how blessed we are?! I know I can't say much, because I know I have done it too, but today, I understand the "big picture," and those things mean nothing in it..

Life is just to fragile.

Maybe I'm sounding a little blunt, but you see, my heart aches today. It aches for one of my dearest  friends, Amanda. She got some bad news about her mom, Theresa, who has Pancreatic Cancer, is now terminal. And today, they did a procedure to extend her life for another couple of months, but it seems that hasn't work. And now they are faced with the harsh reality, that they just shared their last Christmas with her.

The eternal truths are crystal clear, especially now; everything can change, things don't always go according to plan, life never goes as you thought it would, and will often leave you feeling empty. No amount of words could comfort my friend's broken heart. I can't take away her pain with a hug. But through all the emptiness, I know there is someone who can. And praise God, her mom, knew Him well too. Maybe not at this moment, but Jesus will shine through and provide peace that surpasses all understanding to my friend's family.


So tonight, hold your loves ones a little longer and soak up every moment of, life.

5 comments:

  1. Your post is a reminder we should all take heed to. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this reminder! It hits close to home with me. I needed a push like this today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping over from Friday Friend & Follow on POAB! Carpal Tunnel acting up, so I just arrived now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. May your friend find peace during this time. I posted on my FB status recently that goes with your post. Its about our patience...
    "Someone has said "Patience is accepting a difficult situation without giving God a deadline to handle it." Life is full of interruptions and unwanted surprises. We either take time to deal with them or we let them fester and become toxic. Dealing with the unexpected takes patience, especially when it takes time. Patience takes practice. Maybe this is why God allows the interruption. So deal with it, get over it , and get on with your life. Patience is a fruit of the Spirit. No one ever said that Fruit Farming would be easy."
    May GOD bring peace to your friend and her Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gave you a blog award :)

    http://cominghometolive.blogspot.com/2012/01/blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I love and appreciate comments and read them all. Have a blessed day!