Behind the Author

Sunday, January 22, 2012

MIA-Where I've been

It's been a little over 2 weeks since my last post.. and I've been MIA so to speak, but a lot has gone on. Just twenty short minutes after I posted "Fragility of life." My friend's mom, Theresa, went to be with the Lord. It was a shock at how fast it all happened, thankfully she went peacefully surrounded by her family.

Amanda is one of my dearest best friends. We have known each other since we were just 3 years old and grew up hip to hip. So many memories have been shared with her. Amanda and her "little" sister are much apart of my family too. She means the world to me and I knew I was needed there by her side. She lives in Jacksonville, Fl and so I booked the first available flight I could get and Giovanni and I left the following Wednesday. We stayed a week and just got home late Tuesday night. (I will do a recap of traveling with an infant later). It's been a very emotional couple of weeks. It's always sad to see someone so young (59) to pass on, and it's especially hard when they were very dear to your heart.

The last week was filled with so many wonderful memories and emotions. There was lots of tears, laughter, shopping, and good old fashion friend time at the beach. Sometimes when life gets serious, you just need that one person in your life to be real with. I'm glad I could be there, if only to just listen.
Their family has been hit hard in the last year with several devastating blows, and now this. But it's truly inspiring how their whole perspective on this last years events aren't ones of misery and defeat but of God's glory and love. And the funeral of their mom, was no exception. It was the most beautiful inspiring service I had ever been too. So many people gathered together to not only remember Theresa's life but to praise God! A true worship service of praise. And Theresa's wouldn't have wanted it any other way.
We only get one life to live. We can spend it focused on material things, or we can live it to the fullest and change the world.

Proverbs 31:30.."Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." 

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry for the loss of your friends' mother. It's wonderful to hear they are praising God through it all. I'm glad you were able to visit and be a comfort to your friends during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written. I too am sorry for the loss hear on earth but know that there is much rejoicing in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry for your loss. You must have been a great reassurance for your friend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I love and appreciate comments and read them all. Have a blessed day!