Behind the Author

Monday, January 2, 2012

R.I.P 2011 & Hello 2012!

The New Year has arrived! It's either a great new beginning or the countdown to the end of the world! <eyeroll> Either way, I am ready for new beginnings and making the most out of the year ahead!  This year I have a few resolutions. Some big, some small, and all life changing.


1. I WILL de-clutter and organize the house. We live in a modest home and it's so easy for the house to get cluttered. It's time for a good swift cleaning and a few yard sales. I want to organize all the closets and our upstairs quest bedroom, which has turned into a storage room. It's time to take back the house! 


2. I WILL spend more quality time with my family. That means, I plan on turning off the tv, cell phone, computer, and any other device that takes away valuable family time. Not to say I won't be doing those things, I just won't be doing them, as often. Especially the cell phone. Ugh, I hate to admit it, but I over use it .


3. I WILL be healthier. I am way over weight. And honestly, I am not horrified with that. My self-esteem isn't dependent on my weight, and my husband loves me very much. However, I want to be healthier and take care of myself better. I want to be a better role model for my boys. I want to eat better, drink more water, and exercise on a regular basis. I want to make a family lifestyle change.


4. I WILL spend spend money more wisely. This one is another big one for us. We have struggled some in the last few months. We didn't budget and over spent. I really need to evaluate needs verse wants, and spend accordingly. Live within the means and work on paying down debts. 


There you have it. My top 4  resolutions. I have a couple other smalls ones, but these are the big ones that matter to me most. What are your resolutions this year? 

6 comments:

  1. Hi. Stopping in and following from the Tiggerific hop. I have been making some goals for this year and one of them is to also do less (and more wise) spending. I used to be soooo good at couponing, I must get back into that!!! :) Hope to see you back at www.allmouseallthetime.com if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great list.... I need to do all those things too!

    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the organizing thing...just posted about it yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I am a new follower from Tuesday Friend & Follow at POAB. Since you enjoy blog hops, you should check out the blog hops at my site: Link Rink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I am a new follower from Tuesday Friend & Follow at POAB. Since you enjoy blog hops, you should check out the blog hops at my site: Link Rink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I came across your blog through kellys korner.
    You have two beautiful boys. And because of them, I honestly hope you and your husband can commit yourselves to becoming healthier. I work in pediatrics, and unfortunately children follow in their parents' footsteps. If their parents eat unhealthy food, they likely will as well. If their parents do not control portions, they likely will not either. It is wonderful if your self esteem is not tied to your weight, and your husband loves you regardless. But sometimes those are excuses we give ourselves to not lose weight. Please love your boys enough to set a good example. Give them the tools they need to lead healthy lives.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I love and appreciate comments and read them all. Have a blessed day!