Behind the Author

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

WW - Welcoming in the New Year

We've been hosting New Years Eve parties every year we've been married, except one, the year Dominic was a newborn. It's become a regular tradition with our best friends to get together play games, and munch on yummy snacks. 

This year, with the addition of our second baby, and a still swollen ankle, we couldn't decided to have it or not. Literally, just hours before the party I canceled it, only to get countless texts asking to still come by, we finally said screw it, and held the party anyway. And I am so glad I did. 
G's very first NYE! Of course he just stayed up long enough to say hi to the guest.
 Some of my closest friends and I. I'm glad they pushed me into having this party. 

 We literally only got through one game this year. And it has to be one of the best party games ever. It's called Curses. (Totally church appropriate, btw) If you are in the look out for new party games, pick this one up!
 Two of my best friends and their significant others : )

 Dominic was in heaven with two little girls there to play with, although he's a bit rough and tough for their liking. ;) And ended up having to go to bed at 11.

 This is what happens when you arrive to our party late. Ha ha. Good times. 
Kathleen and I have spent almost every NYE with each other. It's a life long tradition and I wouldn't have it any other way.
And it wouldn't be NYE, with out a picture of my love and I. 
 And I couldn't resist posting these sweet pics of the boys from New Year's Day. 
Happy New Year!

6 comments:

  1. What a great time. I love that first shot and the last shot.
    Hope you can stop by and share.
    http://totsandme.blogspot.com/2012/01/wordless-wednesday-january-4-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos ~ Happy New Year ~ Carol (Share the Creative Journey)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The boys are so cute! It looks like a great party! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great time and that first pic is too sweet:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year to you and your family! This year I was in bed pretty early LOL As I was the new years with my first son too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I love and appreciate comments and read them all. Have a blessed day!