Behind the Author

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Love Dare: #2

Week 2:
...Love is Kind...


"Patience is how love reactskindness is how love acts.  Patience avoids a problem, kindness creats a blessing.  These are the two cornerstones of love. 


It's difficult to demonstrate love when you feel little to no motivation.  but love in it's truest sense is not based on feelings.  Rather, love determines to show thoughtful actions even when there seems to be no reward.  You will never learn to love until you learn to demonstrate kindness." -The Love Dare 

Lessons Learned:
  • "Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you." Ephesians 4:32
  • Kindness is love in action
  • Love makes you kind. (And kindness makes you likable)
  • Kindness is basically four basic ingredients:
    1.Gentleness - You're sensitive to your spouses feelings.
    2.Helpfulness - You meet the needs of the moment.
    3.Willingness - Kindness inspires you to be agreeable and 

       not stubborn. 
  • 4.Initiative - Think ahead and take the first step.

The Weekly Dare:
In addition to saying nothing negative to your spouse again today, do at least one unexpected gesture as an act of kindness. 

My 'Personal' Week Recap

So, it's week 2 of the Love Dare challenge, and this week was a lot more challenging that I thought it would be. Not because it's hard being kind to my husband, but because we had so much going on. I got in a car accident, it was Giovanni's birthday & party, we also had his 1 year pictures, and it was bill paying week. Needless to say, tension ran high. I found it tough to bite my tongue in moments of stress. Ugh, I so failed at the "say nothing negative" part a couple of times.  I let my frustration get the better of me. I did however, do really well on the acts of kindness. This I found to be a lot easier. I think my husband struggled with this part though..he does great with saying nothing negative, but doing things randomly, isn't quite his style, but I still saw that he was trying.   


Care to join with us on the Love Dare?

I'll be posting recaps of what I learned each week. Feel free to follow along.  The book can be purchased and the major book stores or on Amazon. I bought ours used for only $3! Talk about a great investment in our marriage! 

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful lessons!

    Stopping by from Tuesday Friend and Follow to say hello.
    Have a great day!
    POSH

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I love and appreciate comments and read them all. Have a blessed day!