Behind the Author

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Taking the Love Dare



...Love is Patient... 

Recently, Tony and I joined a young married group at our church. I've been wanting to be a part of a couple's group for some time, so I was so happy to see this one start up. We are going through the book, The Love Dare.  It's a 40 day (we're doing weeks..) love challenge to strengthen and Spiritually grow in your relationship with your spouse. The goal is not to change your partner, but to grow yourself to be a better spouse for your significant other.

I thought it would be great to blog each week, about this journey we are taking. I can then look back and to see all I've learned and how much we have grown in our relationship. Feel free to join us in this adventure!


Week 1: Love is Patient

Lessons Learned:
  • "He who is slow to anger has great understanding, but he who is quick-tempered exalts folly." -Proverbs 14:29
  • Patience is where Love meets Wisdom
  • "Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love."- Ephesians 4:2
  • Love will inspire you to become a patient person

The Weekly Dare:

The first part of this dare is fairly simple. Although love is communicated in a number of ways, our words often reflect the condition of our heart. For the next day, resolve to demonstrate patience and to say nothing negative to your spouse at all. If the temptation arises, choose not to say anything. It's better to hold your tongue than to say something you'll regret. 

My 'Personal' week recap:

This week was actually easier than I expected, although it did have some challenges. The hardest part for me was biting my tongue on the issue of time. I like things done fast and I like to get there early, and Tony is much more relaxed and likes taking his time. This is usually where I find my aggravation comes out in my thoughts and words. But I really worked on not saying anything. I don't know if he's noticed me biting my tongue, but I have noticed that we are communicating and talking a lot more. 


Care to join with us on the Love Dare?

I'll be posting recaps of what I learned each week. Feel free to follow along. You can find the first full chapter here. And the book can be purchased and the major book stores or on Amazon. I bought ours used for only $3! Talk about a great investment in our marriage!

    2 comments:

    1. Hey ... so I couldn't find the comment link on the plus page?? let me know if I missed it :) Stopping in to say hey and follow from today’s blog hop – would love you to come by today and check out my EXCITING NEWS!! BTW, all my follow buttons are on the left side of my posts. www.shaunanosler.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    2. My husband and I watched the movie, it was really great. I think it helped us stop taking each other for granted, it's easy to do that when you've been together a really long time. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting.:)

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I love and appreciate comments and read them all. Have a blessed day!