Behind the Author

Friday, April 13, 2012

Growing Two Men


When I was a child playing house, I always pretended my baby dolls were little girls. They wore pretty little dresses and colorful bows, that's every little girls fantasy, right?  So, naturally, when I found out I was pregnant I was anxiously waiting to hear, if we were having a little boy or girl, secretly hoping for a girl. Oh how I anticipated dressing 'her' up in frilly little dresses. But God knew what was best for our family, and He blessed us with two amazing little boys! I love them with my all my heart. Looking back, it wasn't that I didn't desire a baby boy, it was that they were foreign to me. And the responsibility of raising little boys that would someday grow into men, is frightening!

My desire for our boys is that they are men who are God following, hardworking, trustworthy, kind, loyal, confident, respectful, and happy. I'm their mother, one of the key influential people that will shape them into the men they will one day be in this world. That's a HUGE responsibility! This adventure called parenting is scary.  But by the grace of God I'm NOT alone. I married to a man, who is everything I want our boys to be like. With God's direction, we will walk this path of life together and nurture our boys one day at a time. There will be struggles and tears along the way, but faith, love and laughter will see us through.




“The family should be a closely knit group. The home should be a self-contained shelter of security; a kind of school where life’s basic lessons are taught; and a kind of church where God is honored; a place where wholesome recreation and simple pleasures are enjoyed.” - Billy Graham

14 comments:

  1. Hi! Thanks for stopping by and visiting us by way of Kelly's Korner. I love your article and the fact that your desire is for your boys to love God and be Godly men! Our blog is done by Ann Kelly and myself (Amber). Ann Kelly did the post on boys birthdays and does an amazing job with any party she throws. We both love the Lord and our prayer is that our children will know the Lord and follow his will throughout their lives! By the way I voted for you on TMB!!! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks so much! You have a blessed day too!

      Delete
  2. Came over from Kelly's...love your blog!!! I have two sweet blessings...8 & 7 months. Have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What little cuties :)

    Thanks for stopping by SAY. I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful post!!!

    New follower here from Friendship Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little boys are adorable!
    I know exactly what you mean when you were pregnant and expecting something... I had two sons and was pregnant for a third time and so wanted another boy.... but my absolutely beautiful daughter was given to me and I cannot imagine my life without her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're right, the responsibility is huge and frightening. I'm so thankful it's done day-by-day and that we are never alone on this journey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such cute boys!! came over from kellys korner!! I too was hoping for a girl, but I totally agree with wanting one just because the idea of a boy was foreign to me too!! I wouldn't trade him for a girl any day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable boys you have! I too came from Kelly's Korner and I too never dreamed I would end up with boys. I remember crying that I hated sports and couldn't imagine having to spend my Saturday's on a soccer or football field. Well, would ya know I can't imagine now having anything but boys!!! I have two (11 & 8). And I'm the crazy mom who's the loudest on the sidelines! It's amazing how God knows what you really need when you think you know best! Though I think it would be fun to dress a girl, the drama and competition I think would drive me crazy! Enjoy your little one's....they grow up fast!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stopping from Kelly's Korner. I am boy mom too. I am praying my son grows into the same kind of man you want your sons too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. New follower from Kelly's Korner :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stopped by from Kelly's Korner. I, too, have two boys! Mine are 20 months apart! I loved reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful family! I'm a new email follower from Feed me Friday...just a little late :)

    Mommy of One and Counting http://www.housesbyshannon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I love and appreciate comments and read them all. Have a blessed day!