Behind the Author

Monday, April 2, 2012

The Love Dare: #3

Week 3:
Love is not selfish

 We live in a world that is enamored with "self." The culture around us teaches us to focus on our appearance, feelings, and personal desires as the top priority. The opposite of Love is Selfish, if we are going to continue to grow in our marriage, we have to put aside our selfish ways and put the needs of our spouse first.

Lessons Learned:

  • "Be devoted to one another in brotherly love; give preference to one another in honor." -Romans 12:10
  • Love looks for ways to say yes. 
  • Prioritize the well being of your mate, there will be fulfillment that selfishness can not fill. 
  • "Do nothing from selfishness or empty conceit, but with humility of mind regard one another as more important than yourselves." -Philippians 2:3

The Weekly Dare:
Whatever you put your time, energy, and money into will become more important to you. It's hard to care for something you are not investing in. Along with restraining from negative comments buy your spouse something that says, "I was thinking of you today."

My 'Personal' Week Recap:

My week was very low key, and therefore I was able to take time and complete the task better then last week. My husband also went above and beyond this week. I thought I did pretty good myself too. I was a lot better with keeping with no negative talk too. I think we both work together well in meeting each other's needs, so I think this was an easier week for us.

Care to join with us on the Love Dare?

This post was late, but I'll  still be posting recaps of what I learned each week. Feel free to follow along.  The book can be purchased and the major book stores or on Amazon. I bought ours used for only $3! Talk about a great investment in our marriage! 

2 comments:

  1. Truly great ideas- very thought provoking!
    Happy Tuesday! Visiting from Tiggerific Tuesday! Blog Hop...or Bounce!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ours is a blessed journey indeed...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I love and appreciate comments and read them all. Have a blessed day!