Behind the Author

Thursday, May 31, 2012

10 Signs You're a Mom To a Toddler



10. You have become a healer. You now make all boo boo's disappear, with a kiss..

9. You are now terrified at what you might find when there is silence..

8. You can't remember the last time you went to the bathroom by yourself..

7. You own more sippy cups than you do shoes..

6. You will dance, make funny noises, or make bribes to get your child to look in the direction of the camera..

5. You now spell out words that evoke strong emotions, like n-a-p, b-a-t-h, c-o-o-k-i-e, etc..

4. You have no idea when your favorite show is on, but you know every time Team Umizoomi or Mickey Mouse Clubhouse comes on..

3. Your ipod, cell phone, and tablet are now filled with educational apps rather than music..

2.  You now hear yourself saying things like, "don't touch that bird poop, let go of your pee-pee, etc"..

1. You have no shame, and will tell EVERYONE that your kid went #2 on the potty!



...Yep, I'm a mom to a toddler. 
  

8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, yes to #8! Bastian, Gizmo the cat, and Poochie the dog all follow me into the bathroom EVERY time. If anyone gets locked out, they cry outside the door!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing how much faster we get at spelling with toddlers ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! These are so true! #6 especially... that's something I do all the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe in this so much... but I have learnt to close the bathroom door to have a least 30 seconds to myself :)
    As for the power of healing, the other day my tummy was hurting and my 2 year old kissed it and asked me if it was better... I said yes!
    Found you on the Hop and following, please follow me back at http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting from Friday Friend and Follow. Like/follow me back at http://lifeofblocks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha..love this! please add one more: you hum (if not singing the entire song) of Barney's or Thomas the Tank Engine in whatever you do...uuh and you become more excited than your son/daughter when Fireman Sam, Mickey Mouse Club or Handy Many is about to show on tv!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Number 8 is so true. It don't matter how old they get because my son is almost 10 and it still seems that whenever I walk into the bathroom he comes knocking on the door asking something.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I love and appreciate comments and read them all. Have a blessed day!