Behind the Author

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Family Portrait through the eyes of a 2.5 Year Old

It's a joy, as a parent, to be able to completely surprise your child with a fun activity. I set up this paint station for the boys, as a surprise when they woke up from their nap. Giovanni wanted absolutely no part of it. *Sigh* But Dominic gleamed with excited! He painted two paintings, one of which was his very first family portrait! 
Painting is serious business! ;) 

The Finished product: Our beautiful family portrait!
 He says, and I have it recorded, that Mommy is yellow, Daddy is red, Vanni is Green and he is blue! It's so cute to see how he sees us. 

7 comments:

  1. So adorable! Very avant-garde! Could your Dominic be the world's next "Coltrane" of art? Methinks so!

    Seriously, though...it's too, too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how serious he looks in that last picture. Such concentration! It is a beautiful family portrait! You should totally frame it since it is a first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww how precious!! I miss those days when my boys were that age!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to see their first works of art. He really looked so serious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute family! Just following from a blog hop and would love if you followed back at www.iheartpears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! I am also surrounded by boys and a man. It makes for an exciting life. My boys are five and ten. My five year old is a whir-wind and my ten year old thinks he's 14.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I love and appreciate comments and read them all. Have a blessed day!