Behind the Author

Monday, August 6, 2012

Happy Breastfeeding Week - Hooray for boobs!

August 1-7th marks world breastfeeding week! This is a time when we can all come together to help support, encourage, and recognize mamas who are giving their blood, sweat, and tears to provide that nourishing liquid gold to their little ones. Whether it was straight from the tap or pumped into a bottle, for one day or 2 years, way to go mamas
*google image*
I learned fairly quickly, that breastfeeding requires a little more than putting your baby to the breast. I went through so many challenges; latch issues, food sensitivity issues, tongue issues, nipple confusion, etc.  It's a definitely a learning process, and it's tough. 


Thankfully, you are not alone! There are many great resources out there to help you. Here are my top 3 favorites: 
  • Kellymom.com
  • The book: The Nursing Mother's Companion
  • The hospital's lactation consultant. Seriously, that's what they are there for, to help! If they aren't being helpful, check out llli.org
And remember at the end of the day, it's not how you fed your baby, it's that you fed your baby! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm stopping by from the Tuesday Train blog hop and I'm your newest follower. Congrats to all the breastfeeding moms, it can be challenging but very rewarding.

    I'd be delighted if you stop by and check out my blog at www.bigfoottribe.blogspot.com

    Thanks
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I love and appreciate comments and read them all. Have a blessed day!